- 28 Apr
There are many facets to developing speaking skills. A good English speaking course should have specific English lessons to cover all of these facets which include; active vocabulary and grammar development, pronunciation, intonation, turn-taking, conversational gambits and many others. The English speaking course should aim to maximise the amount of student speaking time through group and pair work, it is this building of confidence through practice that is absolutely vital when developing speaking skills in another language.
The skill of the teacher is paramount to a successful English speaking course. Stimulating lively lessons that engage the student are a vital conduit to improving their fluency and expressiveness. The SGI blog is a very good example of how current news and popular global themes can be used as a source of English language learning, equally, the managed use of current events in the classroom is a great way of encouraging English speaking by engaging the student and getting them to actively want to contribute to classroom debates and discussions.
About English Speaking Course Details
English is a language used internationally. Communication is the key to information. And English helps you communicate with people all around the world. So, it opens the door of various opportunities for you. Here are some reasons explaining why you will not regret learning English.
- English is an easy language with similarity with many other languages such as French, German, etc. It is easily understandable. As it is a popular language, there are a lot of resources to learn English.
- English is the language of business. Globalisation made it a necessity for every company to hire English known employees. One must learn English to give an interview to the most well-known international brands, even some national brands.
- English lets you learn more. There are many books on different subjects which are initially written in English. Some of them do not have a translation. One can learn from various resources quickly if s/he knows English.
- English helps you travel the world without having a communication barrier. It is good to learn a few essential words of the country, but English helps you ultimately in the whole travel process.
- Most of the sectors follow English as a standard language like Science, Aviation, Information Technology, Travel, etc. So, one must know English if they want to join any of these fields.
Subject, Concepts of English Speaking Course
The certification course on Spoken English is mainly for six months. Here, one is taught to understand and speak in English. Though one can excel in this course only through rigorous practice and focus. The more one will say, the better s/he will communicate. Some of the concepts that are discussed in English speaking course are listed below :
- Pronunciation of Words
- Spoken Skills
- Vocabulary and Word Recognition
- Writing Skills
- Oral Expression of the Language
Variations in Spoken English
Different people will need different levels of accuracy and fluency in Spoken English, depending on the professions they are in. Let’s discuss the different levels here −
Professional Spoken English
This type of language is used by professionals from specific industries. The speech used here is highly technical, with stress put on facts, figures, data and industry jargons.
Literary Spoken English
This is the language used in magazines and newspapers. The stress is more on communicating with a large section of the crowd. The speech follows all rules of grammar and yet, the words used are simple and common.
Conversational Spoken English
This English is the more widely used in daily conversation, where rules of grammar are more relaxed, stress is more on just getting the message across. Sentences might be dropped half-way on realizing that the listener has gotten the message.
Slang, Ethnic, and Vulgar English
Every language comes with a set of words that have multiple meanings, and depending upon the situation in which you use them, multiple interpretations as well. These words are called slangs, and are native to a particular region.