- 03 May
Personality development¬†encompasses the dynamic construction and deconstruction of integrative characteristics that distinguish an individual in terms of interpersonal behavioral traits. Indeed, personality development is ever-changing and subject to contextual factors and life-altering experiences. Personality development is also dimensional in description and subjective in nature.
Personality Development Tips
- Smile a lot-¬†Nothing works better than a big smile when it comes to interacting with people around. Do not forget to flash your trillion dollar smile quite often. Believe me, it works! As they say ‚Äúa smile is a curve that sets everything straight‚ÄĚ.
- Think positive-¬†It is really essential to think positive. Remember there is light at the end of every dark tunnel. Do not always think negative as it not only acts as a demotivating factor but also makes an individual dull and frustrated.
- Dress Sensibly-¬†Dressing sensibly and smartly go a long way in honing one‚Äôs personality. One needs to dress according to the occasion. How would a female look if she wears a sari to a discotheque? Obviously ridiculous! No matter how expensive your sari is, you can‚Äôt wear it to a night club or a pub where everyone is dressed in smart casuals. Price has nothing to do with smart dressing.¬†
- ¬†Be soft-spoken-¬†Do not always find faults in others. Fighting and quarrelling lead to no solution. Be polite with others. Be very careful of what you speak. Avoid being rude and short tempered.
- Leave your ego behind-¬†An individual needs to hide his ego everywhere he goes. Be it office or workplace you need to leave your ego behind if you wish to win appreciation from others. An individual who is good from within is loved by all.
- Avoid Backbiting- Backstabbing and criticizing people are negative traits which work against an individual‚Äôs personality. Learn to appreciate others. If someone has done some extraordinary task, do not forget to give a pat on his/her back.
- Help others-¬†Do not always think of harming others. Share whatever you know. Remember no one can steal your knowledge. Always help others.
- Confidence-¬†Confidence is the key to a positive personality. Exude confidence and positive aura wherever you go.
- A Patient listener-¬†Be a patient listener. Never interrupt when others are speaking. Try to imbibe good qualities of others.
¬† ¬†The four personality types include:
Average:¬†The most common type are people who are high in neuroticism and extraversion while lower in openness.
Reserved:¬†People in this type are not open or neurotic but they are emotionally stable. They tend to be introverted, agreeable and conscientious.
Role-models:¬†These people are natural leaders with low levels of neuroticism and high levels of agreeableness, extraversion, openness and conscientiousness. They listen to new ideas and are reliable.
Self-centered:¬†While these people score high in extraversion they rank below average openness, agreeableness and conscientiousness.